The lack of self-love and self-care usually stems from the feeling of unworthiness that was installed in us during our childhood. We were brought up thinking we are not good enough, smart enough, or too ugly to be loved. Love was often given not because of who we are but under the condition that we behaved in a certain way. This has led us to believe that we are only ‘worthy’ of other people’s love when we are what and how they expect us to be
What is True Self-Worth
- know you are lovable, good enough and worthy to have your physical, emotional, spiritual, and mental needs met.
- choose to stay true to yourself, even if that means disappointing another.
- begin to make different choices.
- say yes when you want to say yes, and say no when it feels right for you, without feeling guilty.
- are setting boundaries by saying no to work, love, or activities that deplete your energy or harm you physical, emotionally, and spiritually, or express poorly who you are.
How to Build Self-Worth?
If you want to learn more about the different aspects of self-love, you may want to read the other blog posts on this topic: